We have put together a variety of programs and resources on our young people mentoring programmes. Focusing mainly on Black youths and those with limited chances in life, our mentoring scheme helps give young people opportunities for the best chance of success.
Our mentoring work focuses on disadvantaged communities and entails raising aspirations and helping them grow in character and attainment. It involves other elements, such as tutoring or life skills training and coaching. The supportive, healthy relationships formed between mentors and mentees are both immediate and long-term and contribute to a host of benefits for mentors and mentees.
Benefits for youth
- Increased high school graduation rates
- Lower high school dropout rates
- Healthier relationships and lifestyle choices
- Better attitude about school
- Higher college enrolment rates and higher educational aspirations
- Enhanced self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improved behaviour, both at home and at school
- Stronger relationships with parents, teachers, and peers
- Improved interpersonal skills